Direct Care Worker
Supervisor's Title: Supervisor, Direct Care Staff
Department: Resident Relations
Primarily a home setting with constant attention paid to the needs of residents.
Direct care workers are responsible for the health and safety of
our residents. Must possess a high school diploma or GED, valid Michigan
driver's license. Successful candidates will have an attitude of
charity toward our residents, good judgement and excellent
Interested applicants should respond by printing and completing an employment application form. Submit materials to Barbara Lawrence, Director Human Resources, St. Louis Center, 16195 Old US. 12, Chelsea, MI 48118; materials can also be sent to email@example.com.
POSITION: Supervisor, Direct Care Staff
The Direct Care Worker Supervisor will supervise, orient, train and monitor the direct care worker. The Direct Care Supervisor will also plan, train, and supervise the implementation of special services, such as; treatment plans, behavior management programs, activities and nutritional and recreational programs.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and two years experience working with mentally handicapped residents.
- Requires good moral character, emotionally stable and of sufficient health, ability and experience to perform the duties assigned.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Knowledge of CPR, first aid, general fire safety, crisis prevention intervention and behavior management.
- Clear written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute responsibilities.
- Ability to respond calmly to emergency situations.
- Physical requirements include the ability to see and hear clearly; regular standing, walking and speaking. Must be able to assist direct care workers with their duties as needed.
- Essential Duties:
- Plan, train, monitor and orient direct care staff.
- Supervise and assist direct care staff as needed. Ensure treatment plans, behavior management plans, and nutritional and recreational programs are followed.
- Distribute supplies, organize transportation schedules and outside social activities and monitor the attendance of residents to programs and appointments.
- Ensure medication schedules are followed.
- Assist direct care workers in dealing with resident who are exhibiting unacceptable behaviors.
- Assist in the elaboration of the Treatment Plan for each resident and monitor the direct care worker’s implementation of the plan.
- Coordinate and respond to emergency situations.
- Evaluate the performance of each direct care worker.
- Take part in intake interviews and the assignment of residents to the most suitable group.
- Provide the units where it’s necessary with a behavior management program and monitor its effectiveness.
- Reports directly to the Assistant Administrator/Residential Program Director.
- Must be willing to perform related tasks as assigned.
Interested applicants should respond with a resume and print and complete an employment application form. Submit materials to Barbara Lawrence, Director Human Resources, St. Louis Center, 16195 Old US. 12, Chelsea, MI 48118; materials can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.