POSITION: Supervisor, Direct Care Worker
The Direct Care Worker Supervisor will supervise, orient, train and monitor the direct care worker. The Direct Care Supervisor will also plan, train, and supervise the implementation of special services, such as; treatment plans, behavior management programs, activities and nutritional and recreational programs.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and two years experience working with mentally handicapped residents.
- Requires good moral character, emotionally stable and of sufficient health, ability and experience to perform the duties assigned.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Knowledge of CPR, first aid, general fire safety, crisis prevention intervention and behavior management.
- Clear written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute responsibilities.
- Ability to respond calmly to emergency situations.
- Physical requirements include the ability to see and hear clearly; regular standing, walking and speaking. Must be able to assist direct care workers with their duties as needed.
- Essential Duties:
- Plan, train, monitor and orient direct care staff.
- Supervise and assist direct care staff as needed. Ensure treatment plans, behavior management plans, and nutritional and recreational programs are followed.
- Distribute supplies, organize transportation schedules and outside social activities and monitor the attendance of residents to programs and appointments.
- Ensure medication schedules are followed.
- Assist direct care workers in dealing with resident who are exhibiting unacceptable behaviors.
- Assist in the elaboration of the Treatment Plan for each resident and monitor the direct care worker’s implementation of the plan.
- Coordinate and respond to emergency situations.
- Evaluate the performance of each direct care worker.
- Take part in intake interviews and the assignment of residents to the most suitable group.
- Provide the units where it’s necessary with a behavior management program and monitor its effectiveness.
- Reports directly to the Assistant Administrator/Residential Program Director.
- Must be willing to perform related tasks as assigned.
Interested applicants should respond with a resume and print and complete an employment application form. Submit materials to Barbara Lawrence, Director Human Resources, St. Louis Center, 16195 Old US. 12, Chelsea, MI 48118; materials can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION: Direct Care Staff
This person is responsible for the care of adults and children with developmental disabilities. We are seeking caring, responsible individuals to work directly with our residents as their primary role model for social skills, personal care, table manners, etc. Rewarding work in a casual fun environment. We offer competitive wages, a great medical and dental package, 403 (b) retirement program, plus other incentives.
- Qualifications – A direct care worker shall have completed high school, diploma or G.E.D. and be willing to be trained to work among people with developmental disabilities in a licensed facility. Possession of a valid drivers license, good moral character, emotional stability, and good physical health required.
- Communication Skills – Must be able to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing with residents, all levels of staff, professionals, family members and other persons in the community. Must be able to receive and implement constructive feedback.
- Judgment and Initiative – Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to use good judgment in dealing with resident issues and emergencies. Must learn and follow policies and procedures.
- Essential Functions – Must promote the health and safety of the program participants. This requires:
- Lift and or assist in lifting adult and children body weight minimum of 30 lbs. and excess of 100 lbs.
- Perform First Aid, CPR, and CMT as needed until emergency personnel from the community arrive to assist.
- Dispense medications according to regulations.
- Complete paperwork as assigned by the program supervisor.
- Be able to operate a 12-passenger van.
Applications may be obtained here or from the St. Louis Center, 16195 Old US 12, Chelsea, MI 48118.